Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Next Gig.

This whole "art of doing" thing is really going to be challenged soon.  With a move back to the Midwest happening in a matter of weeks, I have no choice but to "do".

For the past 10 years or so, I've been in the revolving door of the Outdoor Industry--primarily retail (see www.iworkretailandihateveryone.blogspot.com) .  But after this transition of locations, I need a transition of occupations.  I dearly want to tell my resume to go fuck itself and start a new chapter in making a living.  I owe it to plenty.  My wife, who has to live with me bitching and moaning about having to sell crap to assholes everyday; My potential future employer of the next outdoor company I would work for, who would witness me burn-out after a month or so and spiral viciously into a flaming pile of misery; Myself, whom I owe it to the most.  I need to branch out, stop being a salesman, and be proud of an honest day's work.

So, in addition to just "doing" shit, I'm going to have to figure out a way to make money.  I historically haven't been too successful with that formula.  But when you're all growsed up and about to make a career leap, you really don't have a choice.  I'm not staying on the pot, I'm shitting.  But it's got to be a golden shit.  A really good one that I'm proud of.

Taco Stand?  Maybe, we'll see.  I need to make sure that the idea isn't way better than the potential reality. 

Writer?  I already am...just not very good.  Not sure who would want to pay me to do what I'm already doing for free.  If you know of anyone, let me know.

Farmer?  I really like farming--at least the small amount I've been exposed to.  All I need now is a farm...

What do you think?  I could use the suggestions, the encouragement.  If anyone reads this at all, why don't you go ahead and throw some ideas down there in that 'comment' section?  Might as well...don't cost nothin'.

.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Vince tried to leave you a comment this morning, but the cyber world was not cooperating. He's going to send you a message later, this evening...... he's got some suggestions for you that you just might like.

    Me though, I got nothin'. Well, you know, except for mortician. And I hate to point this out, but taco stand would still require working with the public. Of course, you could spit in their tacos I suppose......

    ReplyDelete